Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me
and do not hinder them,
for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.’
We believe that children are the church. As such, they participate in all aspects of our mission at Church of the Apostles, in their own unique and fun way, while in a safe and nurturing environment:
… We teach God’s word through Bible stories and memorization. And, in partnering with parents, they are encouraged to apply it to their daily living — embracing for themselves the Gospel message of salvation.
… They inherit the rich heritage of Anglican faith and worship by attending the latter part of the worship service and experiencing a blessing (or in taking communion themselves), by learning about liturgy, and being prompted towards sacramental living.
… We help them proclaim the good news of Jesus to others through service, giving, and prayer.
- Nursery (Birth - 3 years): Each Sunday our infants and toddlers are cared for by our loving volunteers in a safe environment where they can learn about God through play, stories and prayer.
- Preschool/Kindergarten (4 years - K): Our preschoolers and kindergarteners will begin building a firm foundation of faith as they walk through the Old and New Testaments learning about our great God.
- Kid's Church (1st-6th grade): After a time of worship with their families, our oldest students separate into two classes (1st-3rd and 4th-6th) where they hear an age-appropriate, Bible-based, gospel-centered message.
Our 2016-2017 Curriculum
- This year, our preschool and kindergarten students are learning that God’s promise to send a Savior, made so long ago to Adam and Eve, was fulfilled in Jesus, the Son of God. They also have a time of play, coloring, and crafts.
- The 1st-3rd graders are studying the Jesus Storybook Bible, revealing how Jesus is the center of each Bible story and how every story whispers his name.
- Our 4th-6th grade class is using the Children Desiring God curriculum, learning about how God is faithful to His promises.
Being a teacher at Apostles goes beyond childcare. It is a great honor and privilege to teach the kids about our amazing God each Sunday. If you are interested in becoming a teacher, please contact Amy Willers.