Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me
and do not hinder them,
for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.’
We believe that children are the church. As such, they participate in all aspects of our mission at Church of the Apostles, in their own unique and fun way, while in a safe and nurturing environment:
… We teach God’s word through Bible stories and memorization. And, in partnering with parents, they are encouraged to apply it to their daily living — embracing for themselves the Gospel message of salvation.
… They inherit the rich heritage of Anglican faith and worship by attending the latter part of the worship service and experiencing a blessing (or in taking communion themselves), by learning about liturgy, and being prompted towards sacramental living.
… We help them proclaim the good news of Jesus to others through service, giving, and prayer.
- Nursery (Birth - 3 years): Each Sunday our infants and toddlers are cared for by our loving volunteers in a safe environment where they can learn about God through play, stories and prayer. Nursery is available from the start of service, and parents pick up at the Peace.
- Preschool/Kindergarten (4 years - K): Our preschoolers and kindergarteners will begin building a firm foundation of faith as they walk through the Old and New Testaments learning about our great God. This class is available from the start of the service and parents pick up at the Peace.
- Kid's Church (1st-6th grade): After a time of worship with their families, our oldest students separate into two classes (1st-3rd and 4th-6th) where they hear an age-appropriate, Bible-based, gospel-centered message during the school year. During the summer, these students attend the worship service, where there will be a brief kids' sermon and children's bulletins to keep them interested and involved.
- Both the preschool/K and the grades 1-6 classes are using The Gospel Project, which takes kids on a Christ-centered, chronological journey through Scripture. Our kids will discover how the gospel unfolds from Genesis through Revelation.
The Gospel Project for Kids teaches kids to:
- See the Big Story: Kids will understand that the Bible is not a collection of stories, but God’s unified story of redemption.
- Read Scripture as Christ-centered: The Leader Guide and Activity Pages provide a deep, Christ-centered Bible study experience for all ages.
- Grasp Essential Christian Doctrines: The Big Picture Questions and Answers are designed to help kids understand essential theological doctrines of the Christian faith.
- Study the Old and New Testaments: Kids spend equal time in the Old and New Testaments, learning the key distinctions of each and how they fit together.
Being a teacher at Apostles goes beyond childcare. It is a great honor and privilege to teach the kids about our amazing God each Sunday. All teachers must go through an application process, background check, and safety training.
If you are interested in becoming a teacher, please contact Amy Willers.