Type content here...
We're glad you found us. Here are three things you should know about us:
WHO WE ARE
Church of the Apostles is a community of people who live, work, and worship together in Fairfield and all over Southwest Connecticut. We celebrate the Gospel, and we seek to love and serve our community in the name of Jesus Christ.
OUR WORSHIP SERVICES
We meet together for worship every Sunday morning at 10AM in the Roger Ludlowe Middle School Auditorium. We are a liturgical church, and we conclude every Sunday service with Holy Communion. Childcare and Sunday School is available; the nursery opens at 9:45AM. For more about our Sunday Service, click here!
A FAMILY OF CHURCHES
Church of the Apostles is one congregation within a larger family of churches under the authority of the Anglican Church in North America. Want to learn more? Contact us at email@example.com or call 203-696-0600. We'd love to hear from you!
Stay up to date by reading the weekly notes from Brian!
Upcoming Events + Update
- Ladies Craft Day. Join us Saturday, August 19 at the church office, 9:30-11:00a. Bring a project you are working on. Contact Tiffany Ayres for more details.
- Youth Group. Bring a friend! Saturday, August 19 at the church office. Contact Peter Danenberg for details 203-556-6891.
- Backpacks for Hopeline. We will be collecting backpacks for Hopeline PRC on THIS Sunday, August 20.
Apostles will again join Hopeline in providing back to school supplies
(click here for packing list) for children in need in the Greater Bridgeport area. Bring a filled
backpack to church on August 20. Contact Tiffany Ayres for more information.
- Believers Baptism Service. On Sunday, August 27, Church of the Apostles will celebrate an immersion baptismal service for those professing faith in Jesus Christ. If you are interested in being baptized, please contact Jane Jackson by Sunday, August 13.
- Baptismal Service and Church Picnic. On Sunday, August 27 Church of the Apostles will meet at 10:30 a.m. at the home of Jim and Monica Tucker (15 Hillsboro Road, Trumbull) for a very special day of worship and fellowship. First we will celebrate Eucharist and Baptism with a very special outdoor service beginning at 10:30 a.m. Then we will party together with a church picnic. It will be a wonderful day! Mark your calendars noticing the later start to church and the different venue (we will not be meeting at the Middle School). Bring bathing suits, towels, and lawn/beach chairs. Grilled meats and drinks provided by church. A-F bring a salad or fruit; G-L bring a dessert; M-Z bring a side dish. Contact Jane for more details.
- 2017-2018 Sunday School Registration. Sunday school classes will resume September 3. This coming Sunday, August 6 there will be registration forms in the Sunday bulletin, in the Children's bulletin and online. Please contact Amy Willers for more information.
- Sunday School Volunteers Needed. Sunday School for all classes will resume in the fall and we are
in need of teachers and assistants. This is a September to May
commitment, but there is also a need for substitutes that will fill in
as needed. Please contact Amy Willers if you are able to serve, or fill out the online questionnaire here.
- Apostles Reads. One
of the ways we mark the season of Ordinary Time is to follow the
Creator's lead by pursuing His presence in the practice of Sabbath rest.
For this summer, I'm inviting you to approach the subject "sideways"
through the language of poetry as written by one of my all-time favorite
authors - A Timbered Choir: The Sabbath Poems 1979 - 1997. We'll gather to discuss the book on Sunday, September 17, 4-6 p.m. (location TBD) If you plan to read along with us, please email Tamara so that you can be included in the Apostles Reads group updates.